Friday, February 18, 2011

8524: Roy Eaton Gives 200%.


A comment left at an earlier post warrants its own space. Here it is:

I was the “Jackie Robinson” of general market creatives. Starting at Y&R in 1955. I am appalled at the lack of progress that has been made till now. I have a presentation that I gave at DraftFCB and will be giving at my alma mater Y&R that addresses the action that must be taken on both sides of this equation. To continue the lie that “there just isn’t enough Black talent out there” is a cover-up for an American malady that must be addressed. I am open to presenting my solution to any Agency willing to hear the “TRUTH ABOUT THE ADVERTISING INDUSTRY” and how to make meaningful progress. You can check my background in the Advertising Hall of Fame or on the YouTube piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LiZwygNL4

Love,
Roy Eaton
212 832 9884

2 comments:

on a lark said...

"their mouths give lie to what is heartfelt" wow. this man should be on the lecture circuit, dean of a college department, chairman of the board...

Anonymous said...

How frightening is it to know that the only diversity happening at Y&R happens to be at the front desk and elevator clerks. No really visit Y&R on madison ave.
Not much if anything has changed in 50+ years. You may have a token few, but this is a horrible situation, getting worse and worse.